Here is my version of Fish and Peas Risotto.
|Fish and Peas Risotto|
You will need
- ·Butter – 1 ½ tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Fish (prefer fish with less Odder) cut into cubes– 500 grams
- Onion finely Chopped – 1
- Garlic Clove – 1
- Arborio Rice – 1 cup
- Dry white wine – ½ cup
- Vegetable broth – 3 cups
- Frozen Peas – ¾ cup
- Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
- Juice 1 lime
- Chopped Parsley – 2 tbsp
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy bottom pan, add the fish cubes and sauté until light golden brown on all sided. Please do not burn the fish as this can completely change the flavor of the dish. Once done transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or till translucent.
- Add the rice and saute till the grains are translucent approx about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook till it evaporates. Now add the hot broth ½ cup at a time, stirring and adding the next when the last addition has been absorbed.
- Add the peas and cook for 15-20 minutes or till the rice is soft.
Add the fish, cream, lime juice, parsley. Season with salt and pepper.Combine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and Serve hot.