Hoisin sauce is a Chinese barbecue sauce which is sweet and salty to taste. This thick and dark color sauce is great on meat and stir fries. To read more of the sauce click here. Though the word Hoisin means seafood it does not contain any. It is made of soy beans, chilies, garlic and vinegar.
You need –
- Instant noodles – 2 nests
- Mixed veggies – Cut into thin strips, 2 cups ( I have used, carrots, cabbage, capsicum, Beans)
- Onion – 1 small, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 2 clove minced
- Green chili – 1, thinly sliced
- Light soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tablespoon
- Hoisin Sauce – 2 teaspoon
- Sesame Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Spring onions – to garnish
- Salt and pepper – as per taste
- Freshly ground pepper – 1 teaspoon
How to –
Boil the noodles as per the instructions on the packet, drain it in a colander and rinse it. Set aside.
In a wok add oil and while the oil is still cold add the garlic and gently heat till fragrant. Add the onion and chili, sauté till soft. Add the veggies and stir fry till the veggies have cooked through but still crunchy. Add in the Soy, Tomato ketchup and Hoisin sauce.
Increase the heat and add the noodles Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or till the noodles has heated through.
Turn off the heat. Garnish with spring onions and serve.