You need –
- Prawns – 500 grams, de-shelled and cleaned
- Onion – 2 medium, finely chopped
- Tomato – 2 medium, pureed
- Garlic – 5 cloves, grated
- Grated ginger – 1.5 teaspoons
- Fennel seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Green chili – 3-4, slit
- Coriander powder – 1.5 teaspoons
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves – to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
How to –
Heat oil in pan, add the fennel seeds and allow to crackle. Now tip in the chopped onions, green chili and fry till translucent. Add the grated ginger and garlic and sauté till the raw smell is gone.
Add in the coriander, chili, turmeric powders, paprika and cook till the oil starts to separate. Now add the pureed tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Now add the prawns and mix well till the prawns are well coated. Cover and cook till the prawns are done and the gravy is thick. Sprinkle the garam masala and give a good stir. Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rice.