This is too good (if I could say that myself…). Really! so soft and fluffy you will love this one for sure. Recipe adapted from here and haven’t really changed the recipe but for; I used golden sugar and skipped the zest.
You need –
- All purpose unbleached flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoons
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Cream cheese – 90 grams, at room temperature
- Unsalted butter -113 grams, slightly soft
- Golden caster sugar – 1.5 cups
- Eggs – 4, at room temperature
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh blueberries – 1 cup
How to –
Pre-heat the oven to 160 C. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl beat the cheese and butter with an eclectic mixer and beat till light and pale. Gradually add the sugar and beat till fluffy scraping the side well in between. Now add the egg one at a time and beating well after each addition.
Turn the mixer to slow and add the flour and essence and beat till just incorporated. Now with a rubber spatula gently fold in the batter till well blend. Make sure not to over beat/mix the batter else they will not be light and fluffy. Gently fold in the berries. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 75-80 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the loaf. Cool the loaf for 10 minutes in pan and then on a wire rack.