You need –
- Minced beef – 225 grams
- Potatoes – 2 medium, Boiled and mashed
- Onions – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – minced 2 teaspoons
- Ginger – minced 2 teaspoons
- Green chili – 1, finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 8-10, finely chopped
- Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Ground pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Egg – 1,
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 teaspoons + for deep frying
- Salt to taste
How to –
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in pan. Add the onions and saute till translucent. Add the ginger, garlic, curry leaves, chili salt and fry till the raw smell is gone. Add the garam masala, pepper , turmeric and cook briefly.
Add the minced beef and cook till done. Tip in the mashed potatoes and mix well till everything comes together. Check for the seasoning at this point. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
In a bowl, beat the eggs and spread the bread crumbs on a plate. Now roll 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture into a ball and flatten to round shape or any shape of your choice. Dip into the egg and then coat with the crumbs and set aside. Repeat this for the rest of the beef mixture.
Heat oil in frying pan and deep fry the cutlets till brown; remove and set on a paper towel. Serve hot with ketchup or chili sauce.