You Need –
- Pumpkin- 300 grams
- Onion – 1 medium size, thinly sliced
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili – 1, slit
- kulambu milagai podi/curry powder- 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried chili – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 twig
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to –
Clean and cut the pumpkin to small cubes.
In a heavy bottom pan, heat the oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red dried chilies, curry leaves and allow to crackle. Add onion and saute till translucent. Add the ginger-garlic paste and chilies, Saute till the raw smell is gone. Add the kulambu milagai podi, turmeric powder. Saute till the oil starts to separate.
Add the pumpkin and salt to taste. Mix well. Add about 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook over low-medium heat till the pumpkin is cooked through.
Transfer to a serving dish, you may garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin stir-fry”
I am loving the simple clean flavors in this pumpkin stir fry.
Sounds good 👍