I kind of feel very stuck with little options when it comes to making egg curry or is that I haven’t googled much..! While in such a dismay, I find this recipe. Omelette in a curry yeah! Something different and interesting. It’s like having two things in one; curry and omelette.
You need –
For the omelette
- Eggs – 4
- Onion – 1 small, thinly sliced
- Green/red chilies – 1, Chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
For the gravy/curry
- Thick coconut milk – ½ cup
- Thin coconut milk – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 big, thinly sliced
- Ginger – grated, 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 3 teaspoons
- Chili powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoons
- Garam masala – ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoons
- Oil – 1 tablespoons
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
In a bowl, beat the eggs, onion, chilies and salt. Heat oil in a flat pan and pour the egg mixture to make an omelette. Cut into 4-5 pieces or as per your choice and set aside.
Heat oil in a sauce pan, crackle the mustard seeds. Add the ginger and saute for a minute. Add in the onion and curry leave; cook until the onions turn light brown.
In a bowl, mix coriander, chili turmeric and garam masala powders to a fine paste with enough water. Add this to the onion mixture. Cook till the oil start to separate. Add the thin coconut milk, omelette, salt to taste and cook till the gravy thickens.
Add the thick coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer and but do not boil.
Turn off the heat and serve hot with rice or flat bread.