A recipe from the cook book “cakes and desserts”. With baked apples and a crispy topping; is absolutely delicious. Team it up with a scoop of ice-cream too.
You need –
- Sharp red apples – 4
- Butter – 60 grams, cold and cut into cubes
- Caster sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/3 grams
- Porridge oats – 3 tablespoons
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
How to –
Butter a 8 inch spring form cake pan.Set aside. Pre-heat the over to 180 C.
Peel and core the apples and cut into slices. In bowl combine the apples, lemon juice and sugar. Toss well and spread them over the cake pans.
In food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt and pulse. Add the butter cubes and pulse again till everything starts to form lumps.
Spread the crumble over the apples and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely before slicing and serving.