- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Caster sugar – 2/3 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mashed ripe bananas – 1 cup ( I used 2 & 1/2 bananas)
- Candied fruits – 1 cup
- Roughly chopped almonds – 3 tablespoons
- Egg – 2
- Melted butter – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
How to –
Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the almonds, candied fruits to flour mixture and mix well to coat. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl beat the sugar, egg and butter until well combined. Stir the banana, milk and vanilla essence. Now slowly add the flour-candied fruits mixture to the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon till everything is just blend.
Spoon the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the loaf.
Cool the loaf for 10 minutes in pan and then on a wire rack.