- Soya chucks – 2.5 cups, soaked for 30 minutes or till soft
- Meat masala – 2 tablespoons (I used Nirapara brand)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic – 3 large cloves, thinly sliced
- Ginger – thinly sliced, a tablespoon
- Shallots – finely sliced, 1/2 cup
- Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
- Green chili – 2 or as per taste, slit
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 twigs
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon or as required
How to –
Squeeze the water out completely of the soaked soya chucks and set aside.
In skillet/kadai/wok, heat oil and add the mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle; tip the shallots, green chilies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic and continue to fry till the onions turn golden brown.
Add the meat masala powder, turmeric powder and cook till oil start to separate. Add the tomato and cook till mushy. Add the soya chucks, salt and 1/2 cup water. Mix well. Cover and cook till done.
Uncover, add the black pepper powder and over medium heat cook for 8-10 minutes or until the mixtures is very dry; stirring continuously.Just before you turn off the heat add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and give a good stir.
Serve hot with Rice and curry.