You need –
- Spaghetti – 300 grams
- Cauliflower, cut into small florets -2 cups
- Tomatoes – 3, quartered and de-seeded
- Garlic cloves – 3 large, finely sliced
- Dried basil – ¼ teaspoon
- Dried thyme – ¼ teaspoon
- Chili flakes – ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Cream cheese – ¼ cup
- Milk -1/4 cup
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons or as required
- Grated parmesan cheese – 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to –
Pre-heat the oven to 160 C. In a baking tray, place the tomatoes, cauliflower and garlic. Sprinkle over the thyme, basil and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Now drizzle the oil and roast for an hour.
Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. When done, drain well and return to the pan. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
In a sauce pan add the cream cheese and milk and cook over low heat stirring constantly till smooth. Turn off the heat and pour the sauce over the pasta. Add the roasted veggies. Cook over a low heat; tossing well. If the sauce is too thick; add the reserved pasta water as required. Season with salt and pepper to taste (Roasted veggies are already seasoned so please check before adding).
Sprinkle the cheese and serve immediately.