Thai food needs little introduction – its nice, simple, and comforting. Be it a stir-fry, a bowl of soup, or a salad, I love the way simple ingredients come together to create a burst of flavours with an exotic touch. And this beautiful Thai vegetable salad does exactly that, that too with minimum effort – who said salads are boring!!!
You need –
- Carrots, julienned – 2 cups
- Cucumber – diced 1.5 cups
- Bell pepper – 1, thinly sliced
- Bean sprouts – 2 cups
- Red onion – 1 small, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander leave – to garnish
For the dressing-
- Thai bird’s eye chilies – 1 or to taste, minced
- Garlic – 1 small clove
- Fish sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Brown sugar – 1 teaspoon
How to –
Pound together the chilies and garlic. Add the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and mix well. Set aside.
In a large bowl put all the veggies. Add the dressing and combine everything well. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.