Update with new pictures.
- Mackerel – 500 grams
- Small onion – chopped ½ cup
- Ginger – sliced 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies – 2 slit lengthwise
- Curry leaves – 2 twigs
- Kudampuli/Gambooge – 4-5
- Coriander powder – 4 tablespoon
- Kashmir chili powder – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Crushed pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Thin coconut milk – 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Fenugreek – ½ teaspoon
How to –
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the fenugreek and let it start to splutter.
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry leaves and green chilies. Sauté till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the onion and cook till the onions turn golden brown
- Add all the dry masala powder, Kudampuli/Gambooge, salt and fry till oil start to separate.
- Add the thin coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Add the fish,cook till done and the gravy is thick.
- Add the thick coconut milk. Swirl the pan lightlyand bring to boil.
- Turn off the heat. Serve with rice.
2 thoughts on “Naadan Ayala curry (Kerala Mackerel curry)”
Looks nice and yummy.. Can smell it here Rekha 🙂