You need –
- Rajma/Red Kidney Beans 1 cup. Soaked overnight
- Onions – ½ cup finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon chopped
- Green Chili – 1 chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons chopped
- Oil – 1 tablepoon
- Salt to taste
How to –
- Pressure cook the rajma in 2.5 cups of water till soft.
- Heat oil to a sauce pan, add splutter the cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped chili, ginger and onions. Sauté until onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and saute till tomatoes are soft.
- Add the cooked rajma , salt, 1 cup water, butter and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.
Recipe source: Adapted from Archana’s kitchen.