You need –
- Chicken – 500 grams, small-medium size pieces
- Whole black pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Green chili – 3 or add less if you can’t take the heat
- Ginger- 1 small piece
- garlic – 3 large cloves
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
- Onion – 2 big, sliced finely
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
- Fennel powder – ½ teaspoon
- Tomato – 1 small, sliced
- Curry leaves – as required
- Coconut oil – as required. (you can use vegetable oil too)
- Salt – as per taste
How to –
- Crush together whole black pepper, green chili ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and lime juice . Add a little water if required; around 2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onions till golden brown. Add the crushed pepper mixture and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add all the powders and continue to fry till the oil starts to separate. Add the tomato, curry leave and salt; cook till mushy.
- Add the chicken; mix well. Cover and cook till done. Uncover, on a low flame continue to cook for about 5 minutes or till gravy is thick. As this is semi dry gravy, you want to make sure all the water is evaporated.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.