|Spiced walnut and chocolate cookies cake
with rosewater-sugar syrup
How to –
- Eggs – 6, separated
- Caster sugar – ¾ cups
- Ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Ground cardamom – ½ teaspoon
- Grated lemon rind – 1 teaspoon
- Ground walnuts – 1 ½ cups
- Ground chocolate cookies – ¾ cups
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Rosewater – 1 teaspoon
How to –
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 c
- Whisk together the egg yolk and sugar. Stir in the ground cinnamon, cardamom and lemon rind.
- Add the ground walnut and cookies and mix well.
- In bowl beat the egg whites and salt until spoke peaks. Gentle fold in the whites to the walnut-cookie mix making sure not to deflate the egg whites
- Into a greased cake tin, smooth the top and bake for 45 minutes or till the toothpick is inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, water and rosewater. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Pierce the cake with skewer; pour over the syrup and leave it to cool.