I sure can’t get enough with the Malabar food… my palate is only getting stronger..:-) for those who are new to Malabar here’s something to read and know more about MALABARregion of Kerala.
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Ghee/clarified butter – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – as required
- Oil – for frying
For the filling
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Raisins – 1/3 cup
- Caster sugar – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Rose water – 2-3 drops
How to –
- In a bowl mix flour, ghee, salt and with enough water to make a make stiff dough. Divide into lemon size equal portions. With a rolling pin roll out and using a round shape cookie cutter into shapes and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients under filling and set aside.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the filling on to the rolled pathiri and place another rolled pathiri to top and using your figure seal the edges.
- Heat oil in frying pan and deep fry the pathiris until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm.