You need –
- Beetroot – 1, large, chopped into small cubes
- Onion – 1, thinly sliced
- Green Chilies – 1-2
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Urad Dal – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Grated coconut – 2 Tablespoon
- salt as per taste
How to –
- Steam cook the beets till done. set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add onion and green chilies. Saute till onions turn golden brown. Add the beetroot.
- Saute over high heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut, mix well. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot with rice.