You need –
- Hard boiled eggs- 4 nos
- Onion-sliced finely 2 cups
- Ginger – crushed 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – crushed 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes – chopped 1 cup or 2 medium tomatoes
- Curry leaves-2 sprig
- Water-1/2 cup ( or as required)
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
For dry roasting
- Dry kashmiri chilies – 4 – 5 or according to taste
- Coriander seeds-1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – ¼ teaspoons
- Whole pepper – ½ teaspoon
How to –
Dry roast all the ingredients under “for dry roasting” and grind them into smooth paste.
Heat oil in a pan, ginger,garlic and saute for a few seconds. Tip in the onions , curry leaves and salt. saute till onions are caramelized, over a medium flame for about 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently
Add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy. Add the ground paste and mix well. Now add water. Add eggs, turn the to low and simmer for a few minutes until spices are absorbed, for about 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Serve with idiappam, roti, steamed rice or appam.