Delicious fish curry that is so easy to make… now download the recipe card for a quick reference…
You need –
- Firm flesh fish – 400 grams, cut into bite size cubes
- Prawns/shrimps – 200 grams
- Onion – 2 medium, grated
- Garlic – 2 cloves, grated
- Ginger – grated, 2 teaspoons
- Tomato – 1/2, chopped
- Tomato paste – 2 tablespoons
- Coriander powder – 3 teaspoons
- Chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Thick coconut milk – ¾ cups
- Thin coconut milk – 1 ¼ cups
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – 1 twig
How to –
Heat oil in heavy bottom pan, fry the fish till golden on all sides. Set aside.
Add the grated onions, garlic and ginger. Cook till translucent. Add the spice powders, salt and fry till fragrant and oil start to separate.
Add the tomatoes and paste. Mix well and cook till the tomatoes are mushy. Pour in the thin coconut milk and simmer for 8-10 minutes or till the sauce starts to thicken.
Add the fried fish and prawns and cook till done. Add the thick coconut milk and bring to gentle simmer.
Turn off the heat and serve with rice.