You need –
For the batter
- Semolina/Rava – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup (beaten)
- Onion – 1 medium ,minced or finely chopped
- Green chili – 1, chopped
- Ginger – finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- coriander leaves – chopped, 2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 1 twig, chopped
- cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- water – as required for mixing
- salt as required
Oil/ghee for drizzling
How to –
In a bowl mix the above ingredients under “for the batter” with enough water and set aside for an hour.
Heat the dosa griddle. Take I ladle of batter and spread into a circular motion (If you are not using a non-stick pan then add a teaspoon of oil and then spread the batter), Drizzle oil/ghee along the edges of the dosa, cover and cook till the base begins to brown.
Uncover and flip the dosa over and cook briefly for a couple of seconds. Flip it back and fold it into half and remove the dosa from the pan.
Into a serving plate and serve hot with your favorite chutney.