You need –
- Hard boiled eggs – 4
- Onion – 3 medium, thinly sliced
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoons
- Chili powder – 3 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut milk (thick) – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – 2 twigs
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Bay leave – 1 small
- Cardamom pod – 1, crushed
- Cinnamon stick – 1’inch piece
How to –
Heat oil in heavy bottom pan. Add the whole spices and cook till fragrant. Add the mustard seeds and allow to crackle. Add one twig of curry leaves followed by the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
Add the coriander, chili, turmeric, fennel powders and saute till the oil start to separate. Add the 1/2 cup water, salt to taste and mix well, Add the boiled egg, remaining curry leaves, cover and cook till the gravy is thick.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
Turn off the heat; add the and serve hot with rice, appam, roti or idiyappam