You need –
- Boneless and skinless chicken thighs – 2, cut into bite size pieces
- Potatoes – 3 small, quartered
- Fresh rosemary – 1 sprig of rosemary
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1, finely sliced
- Dried red chili – 2-3 or per taste
- Dark soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Chili sauce – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Ground oregano – a good pinch
- Crushed pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Crushed fennel seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil as required
How to –
Pre- heat the oven to 180 C.
In a baking tray, put the potatoes, rosemary, garlic (with skin on); sprinkle the ground oregano and drizzle around 1 tablespoon of oil. Toss well and bake for 30 minutes or until they are tender and golden tossing them twice in between. Remove and set aside. Remove the garlic ; peal the skin and mash it.
Heat oil in wok, add the grated ginger, mashed garlic, dried chilies and fry for a few seconds. Now till the onion and cook till translucent.
Add paprika, crushed pepper and fennel seeds. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Increase the heat to high and add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Now reduce the heat and cook till the chicken is almost done.
Add the roasted potatoes along rosemary and mix well. Now add the soy sauce, chili sauce and honey. Stir well and cook till the sauce is thick and chicken is done.
Turn off the heat and serve hot with fried rice or just plain rice.
Note – Please adjust the spices to suit your taste.