You need –
- Chicken fillet – 400 grams, cut into bite size pieces
- Capsicum – 150 grams, diced
- Garlic, minced – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger, minced – 2 tablespoons
- Onion – small, diced
- Corn flour – 1 teaspoon
- White vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Dried red chilies – 8-10, halved or to taste
- Dark soy sauce – 1.5 tablespoons
- Spring onions – to garnish
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon or as required
How to –
In a bowl, put the corn flour and vinegar and mix well. Now add the chicken and give a good mix. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
Heat oil in wok and fry the chicken till slightly brown. Remove and set aside. Into the same wok, add more oil if need. Add the garlic, ginger and chilies and sauté for a minute. Add the onion and cook till translucent.
Tip chicken, soy sauce, salt, pepper and toss everything well and stir fry for about 4 – 5 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and stir fry for further 2 minutes or till just done. Do not overcook the peppers. Keep them crisp. Garnish with spring onions and serve with steamed jasmine rice or fried rice.