You need –
For the dough –
- Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cups
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Water – as required
- Chicken topping
- Chicken fillet – 300 grams, cut into small pieces
- Bell pepper – thinly sliced, 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small, fnely sliced
- Garlic – 3 large pods, minced
- Smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato relish – 2 tablespoons (I used Mishalle’s)
- Dried Italian herbs – ½ teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil – for stir frying
- Egg – 3
- Cream cheese – 5 tablespoons
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
How to –
Make the dough -In a large bowl sift together the flour and baking powder. Mix in the oil and add enough water and make smooth dough. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it sit undisturbed for about 30 mins.
To make the chicken-
In a heavy bottom pan heat oil. Add the minced garlic and stir briefly and tip the onion and continue to cook till translucent. Add the dried herbs, paprika and sauté for a minute. Now add the relish and continue to cook for another minute or so.
Add the chicken, season with salt (you may add about 2 tablespoons of water if the mix is dry) and pepper and cook till the chicken is cooked through. Add the bell pepper and cook till tender and mixture is almost dry.
To make the base –
Heat a heavy bottom frying pan.
Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and shape into a thin disc (use your hands or rolling pin). Now drizzle some oil on the pan and transfer the rolled dough. Cook till golden, Flip over and cook the other side. Remove and set aside. Cook the remaining dough as well in the same way.
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C on grill mode.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the cooked base on the baking tray and spread the cream cheese equally on the 3 base and then the chicken leaving the space in the centre to crack the egg. Crack the eggs in the middle and bake for 8-9 minutes or till the eggs have set as per your liking.
Remove and garnish with some fresh coriander and serve.