Learn how to make rava ladoos.
You need –
- Semolina/Rava – 1 cup
- Ghee/clarified butter- 4.5 tablespoons
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
- Warm milk- 3 tablespoons
- A good pinch of cardamom powder
- Raisins – a few
How to –
In a food processor, process the semolina till fine.
Heat about 1.5 tablespoons of ghee in wide pan. Add the semolina and roast over medium-low heat till aromatic, stirring constantly. This takes about 5-6 minutes. Turn the heat off and transfer to a mixing bowl.
To the semolina, add the cardamom powder, sugar and mix well. Add the ghee and mix well.
Gradually add the milk (1 tablespoon at a time) till its moist enough to shape into equal sized small balls.
Gently press down the raisins into each ladoo and allow to cool.
- The ladoos will get a bit hard as it cools.
- Please adjust the sugar as per your taste.
- You may also add roasted and chopped cashews to the mixture and then shape the balls.
- Store the ladoos in an airtight containers and will stay in room temperature for 2-3 days.