You need –
- Beetroot – 1 large, cut into chunks
- Carrot – 1, medium size, cut into chunks
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Garlic – 1 clove, minced
- Chili powder – ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Mixed italin dried herbs – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh dill – chopped 2 teaspoons
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Veg stock – 2 cups
- Olive oil – as required
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to –
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Spread the beets and carrots on a baking tray, drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle with the dried herbs. Toss well and bake for about 35-40 mins or till the veggies are tender. Remove and set aside.
- Heat about 2 teaspoons of oil in pan. Add the onion, garlic and sauté for about a minute. Add the chili powder and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted veggies, stock and dill. Mix well and boil for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add a bit of hot water to adjust the consistency.
- Pour the soup back into the sauce pan. Add the coconut milk and gently heat through.
- Serve immediately!
2 thoughts on “Roasted beetroot soup”
Filling and healthy soup
Beautiful post. Loved the shot with diced Beetroot and Carrot