This flaky frozen sweet Italian treat – the Granita, is perfect to beat that scorching summer heat. Its light, airy and super refreshing, and to pack a bit more punch and aroma I added two twigs of dill leaves.
You can use the fruit of your choice, but do adjust to sugar quantity depending of your taste and also the sweetness of the fruit.
You need –
- Pineapple cubes (peeled and cored) – 750 grams
- dill – 2 small sprigs
- Sugar – 1/3 cups
- water – 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes – 1 cup
How to –
- In a sauce pan, add the sugar, dill, water and heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Set aside to cool. Discard the dill sprigs.
- Place the pineapple, sugar syrup, ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch freeze safe/baking pan and freeze for an hour.
- Using a fork scrape the granita . Freeze for about 2 hours or until set.
- Scrape into serving bowls and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Pineapple and dill granita”
Nice recipe and nice shots. The last one reminds me of a Maniratnam Movie.
Love your minimalist style… so much focus on the final product… the granita sounds really delicious…