The other day daughter was on grocery shopping with her dad, and she got ecstatic at the sight of Orange marmalade at the bread spread and Jam section; and she exclaimed – this is my favorite in the whole wild world!! As it goes, the hubby believed her completely and immediately picked a jar. And at home, got the jam on a toast and there was a U-turn of expression and the comment was – “oops I guess it’s a wrong brand, too much of orange peel in it”.
Story short, I had a bottle of marmalade to use up as I don’t like citrusy jam on my toast either. So here is how I ended up using it in my morning breakfast smoothie’s
You need –
- Peach – 2 nos, stoned
- Orange marmalade – 2 teaspoons
- Almond Meal – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons or as required
- Double cream – ½ cup
- Fresh milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Ice cubes – about 1 cup
How to –
Blend all the above ingredients in a blender till smooth and the ice cubes are well crushed.
- Please adjust the sugar as per your taste.
- You can add honey instead of sugar.
- You can also use rolled oats instead of Almond meal.