Sharing a quick and easy recipe from Mom’s kitchen!
You need –
- Fresh prawns – 500 grams, shelled and cleaned
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Dried red chili – 2
- Onion – 2 small, finely chopped
- Ginger – minced, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 2 large pods, minced
- Green chili – 2 or per taste
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper- 1.5 teaspoons + ¼ teaspoon
- Kerala garam masala – ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon or as required
How to –
Heat the oil in a stir-frying pan and add the mustard seeds and allow to crackle. Now tip 1 twig of curry leaves, red chilies and sauté briefly. Add the chopped onions and cook till translucent. Add green chilies, ginger & garlic, cook till the raw smell is gone.
Add the coriander powder, Turmeric powder, garam masala and 1.5 teaspoons of pepper powder. Sauté till the oil starts to separate. Now add the prawns and stir-fry till everything is well combined. Turn the heat to low and cook till the prawns are done and all the moisture has evaporated. Add the remaining curry leaves and ¼ teaspoon of pepper powder and stir well. Turn the heat off.
Serve hot with rice n curry.