- All purpose flour – 110 grams
- Unsalted butter – 110 grams, softened at room temperature
- Caster sugar – 110 grams
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2, lightly beaten
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Raspberries – 1 cup (dusted with 2 teaspoons of flour)
How to –
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners. Sift/whisk the flour, baking powder and set aside
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and pale. Beat in the eggs one at a time and stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Fold in the flour and mix gently till everything is well combined. Make sure not to over mix the batter else they will not be light and fluffy when you bake. Fold in the raspberries.
- Fill the liners equally and bake for 20-23 minutes or when toothpick inserted in the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.