Season for baking and roasting is here, and this wonderful Roast chicken just gives that perfect start! Filled with flavours and aroma, under the light crisp skin is the juicy and tender goodness – it’s the ideal comfort food indeed 🙂
You need –
- Whole chicken (with skin on) – 1 kilo
- Cooking oil – as required
For the marinade
- Tandoori masala powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Kashmiri chili powder – 2 teasppons
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Green chili – 2 or to taste
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
Wash and clean the chicken well. Pat dry the chicken.
In a blender, blend all the ingredients under marinade to fine paste. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and Rub the spice mixture well over the chicken, under the skin and into the cavities. Cover the chicken with a foil and marinate over night or at least for 4 hours so that the flavors penetrate the flesh all the way to the bone.
To roast… Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
Before you place the chicken into the oven drizzle some oil over the chicken and then into the oven. Roast the chicken for an hour or until the chicken is nicely browned and when the juices run clear when pricked on the thigh.