One-pot meals had always been my go-to option on those busy weekday evenings. Its quick n’ fuss-free, comforting, nutritious, and often can be very sumptuous based on the ingredients you choose. Continue reading
You need –
- Chorizo – 2
- Long grain rice – 1 cup (I used Basmati)
- Chicken stock – 1 & 3/4 cups
- White button Mushrooms – 8-10, quartered
- Bell pepper – 1 small, finely chopped. I used red.
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Garlic cloves – 2, minced
- Paprika – 1.5. teaspoons or as per taste
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons or as required
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
How to –
Wash and drain the rice well. Remove the chorizo from its casings and with a wooden spoon break the meat and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic and saute for a minute. Tip the chopped onions and continue to cook till golden, Now add the paprika and fry till the oil starts to separate.
Add the chorizo and cook for 5 minutes. Add rice, mix well and fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and mix well. Stir in the stock, salt to taste. Cover and cook till rice is done.
Once done, turn off the heat, Add the chopped bell pepper, cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes.Remove the lid, fluff the rice with a fork. Transfer to a serving dish.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with raitha.