As the name suggest, it’s Hot!!! I got this recipe from one of my cookbook and wanted to share with you. It’s so delicious, simple to make and a total pleasure to eat. The two key Asian indigents, Thai red chili paste and fish sauce are available in any Asian store or at the Asian section in your super market. For those who are not so easy with the heat, you can de-seed the chilies and then add-in.
|Thai Chili fried rice|
You will need –
- Cold steamed rice – 4 cups
- Peanut oil – 3 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 large finely chopped
- Red chili – 1 sliced
- Green Chili – 1 sliced
- Thai red curry paste – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken breast – 1 finely diced (you can use 1 pork chop instead of chicken)
- Prawns – 500 grams. Shelled and de-veined
- Eggs – 2 beaten
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Fish sauce – 3 table spoons
- Spring Onions – 1 cup chopped
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Red chilies – 2 for garnishing (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry Onion and sliced chilies until soft.
- Add the curry paste and fry until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Now add the chicken/Pork and fry until cooked and then add the prawns. Fry for a minute or two (or until prawns turn pink)
- Add the rice and toss thoroughly until the rice is coated with the curry mixture and heated through.
- Push the rice to the side of the wok making a well in the middle, now add the beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir until the eggs start to set and mix well with the rice on high heat until the eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle the fish sauce evenly over the rice and combine.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spring onions.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chili.