To make this you will need
3 tablespoon Rice Flour (Please add more if you need too, to make sure that the consistency is right for making the balls or you could do without this if your mashed banana’s are to mushy)
How to prepare
- Steam the plantains with the skin on until soft and cooked.
- Once they are completely cooked and soft, mash well until no lumps adding the rice flour as required.
- For preparing the filling, combine the eggs and sugar and whisk. It’s fine if the Sugar doesn’t dissolve completely.
- Heat a skillet, add ghee. Once heated, add the chopped cashews and fry. When they turn golden color, remove and drain them on a kitchen towel.
- To the same pan, add the raisins and fry them for a few seconds until they puff up and set them along with the cashews.
- In the same pan, add the egg – sugar mixture, grated coconut, raisins, cashew nuts and cardamom and scramble until the egg is completely cooked. Once cooked add the crushed cardamom and mix until combined
- Grease your palms with enough ghee and take the warm mashed bananas and make small balls. Flatten the balls pressing down with your figures to form a disk shape.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the egg filling and place in the middle and seal the edges and rolling it up to form a rugby ball shape and smooth
- Fry them on medium heat until all side are browned and drain them on a kitchen towel
A perfect tea time snack. Enjoy!