You will need-
- Macaroni – 125 grams
- Eggplant – big 2 – 3. Thinly sliced lengthwise
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoon or as required
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove crushed
- Minced chicken – 500 grams
- Tinned chopped tomatoes – 425 grams
- Tomato paste – 2 tablespoon
- Frozen peas – 1 cup
- Grated mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Grated cheddar cheese – ½ cup
- Grated Parmesan cheese – ½ cup
- Egg – 1 beaten
- Salt and pepper as per taste
How to –
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C or 350 C
- Grease a round spring form cake tin
- Bring water to boil in sauce pan and cook the pasta and drain well.
- Arrange the sliced eggplant in a colander or a large strainer. Sprinkle generously with salt. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse well. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a frying pan (2 tablespoon) and fry the eggplant in single layer until light brown (fry in batches) remove and drain on paper towel.
- Add onion and garlic in the same pan and stir until soft. Add the chicken and cook until it browns.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, season with salt and pepper. combine well and cook for 15-20 minutes on low flame.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peas, macaroni, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, egg, half the Parmesan and combine with the chicken.
- Place a slice of the eggplant in the center of the cake tin. Now arrange the sides of the tin with slices in a overlapping pattern. This will cover the base and side of the tin.
- Sprinkle ½ of the Parmesan. Spoon the meat filling into the eggplant shell pressing it down gently. Arrange the remaining eggplant on the top to cover the filling. Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown.
|Macaroni eggplant bake|
Let it rest for 5 minutes before you set into a serving plate.