You need –
- Potatoes – 2 large cut into cubes
- Frozen peas – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 large or 1 cup thinly sliced
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Garlic – 2 large cloves
- Tomatoes puree – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon or as required.
How to –
- Grind the onion, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.No adding water.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add cumin and onion paste. Saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree, potatoes, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, salt and chilli powder and stir well. Add ½ cup water or as required. Cover and cook till the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the peas and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add water if required.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.