You will need –
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Frozen Peas – ½ cup
- Paneer – 2 cups, deforested and fried in oil till golden brown.
- Onion – 1 medium thinly sliced
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili – 1 slit length wise
- Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Clove – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Ghee/ clarified butter – 2 tablespoon or as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
How to –
- Wash the rice and soak for 15-20 minutes. Defrost the peas.
- Heat the skillet and add the Ghee. Once the ghee is heated, tip in the spices (Fennel seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, clove and bay leaf) and fry till the raw spell is gone.
- Add the onions, chili and ginger-garlic paste. Fry till the onion turns pink and the raw smell of ginger-garlic is gone. Please make sure not to burn them as this will change the color of the rice when you cook.
- Once done add the rice in and fry till the rice doesn’t stick to each other ensuring the rice not turning brown.
- Turn of the heat and move the rice to the rice cooker. Add 2 cups of water, paneer, peas and salt to taste. Cook till done. If you have fried the rice in the pressure cooker then continue in it adding water and cooking.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.