|Mutton curry – kerala style|
You need –
- Mutton – 500 grams, cut into pieces
- Onion – 3 medium, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1 big
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Garlic – 3 big cloves
- Shallots – 4
- Green chillies – 2
- Coriander – chopped 2 tablespoons
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 4 teaspoons
- Fennel powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Meat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Thin coconut milk – ½ cup
- Thick coconut milk – ½ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Curry leave – 2 stalks
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons or as required.
How to –
- In a pestle and mortar, crush the ginger, garlic and shallots.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and fry till golden brown. Add the chilies coriander, crushed ginger, garlic and shallots. Continue to fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the all the powders, salt and fry till the oil start to separate.
- Add the tomatoes and cook will soft.
- Add the mutton; mix well.
- Add the thin coconut milk and pressure cook till the mutton is done on a medium-low heat.
- Uncover, add the thick coconut milk and curry leaves, Bring to boil. If the gravy is too thin; continue to cook till thick before adding the thick coconut milk.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with rice, appam or roti