You need – Makes 4
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Boiling water – 175 mls or enough to make dough
- Salt to taste
- Banana leaves – cut into squares
For the filling –
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Grated Jaggery/ cane sugar – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1 tablespoon
How to –
- In sauce pan melt the Jaggery and bring to a simmer.
- Add the grated coconut and cook til semi dry and set aside
- Pour the boiling water onto the rice foul and knead to make smooth dough.
- Divide the dough equally and shape into balls.
- Take the banana leaf, smear with few drops of water.
- Place the ball of dough in centre of the leaf. Dip your finger in water and spread the dough into a thick circle.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling in the centre. Fold the leaf over to form a half moon shape.
- Gently press the edges to the seal the filling in
- Heat a griddle and cook both sides. Leave should turn brown and char a bit.
Perfect to go with the evening tea…