- Unsalted butter – 110 grams, softened at room temperature
- Caster sugar – 110 grams
- Eggs – 2, lightly beaten
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- self-raising flour – 110 grams
- Milk – 1-2 tablespoon
How to –
- Preheat the oven to 180C line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale.
- Beat in the eggs little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a spatula, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cups until they are half full.
- Into the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted in the middle of the cakes comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
1. All ingredients at room temperate
2. Beat the butter until it turns pale
3. When folding the ingredients, use a spatula. Do not stir in or don’t be heavy handed else you will loose the air in the mixture and your cake will be too heavy