You need –
- Black beans – 1/3 cup
- Green gram – 1/3 cup
- Paneer cubes – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
- Garlic and ginger paste – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala – ¼ teaspoon
- Coconut milk – ¼ cup
- Vegetable stock – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 5-6 nos
- Salt to taste
- Oil/ghee – 1 tablespoon + for frying the paneer
How to –
Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer till golden on all sides. Remove and set aside.
In the same saute the onion, curry leaves, ginger and garlic till onions are soft. Add the powders, salt and cook for till oil start to separate. Add the lentils and cook briefly. Add the coconut milk stir well and bring to a boil. Now add the vegetable stock. Cover and simmer stirring occasionally till the lentils are cooked. Add more stock if need to suite the consistency of your choice.
Crumble the paneer cubes and add to the curry.
Turn off the heat and serve with flat bread.