You need –
- Lamb, boneless – 500 grams (cut into bite size pieces)
- Onion – 1 large, thinly sliced
- tomato – 1 small, pureed
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Thick yogurt – 100 mls, beaten
- Coriander powder – 3 teaspoons
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Meat masala – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Gram flour – 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- clove – 2
- bay leaf– 1
- Chopped fresh mint and coriander to garnish
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
How to –
Heat oil in a pressure cooker pan, add the whole spices and cook till fragrant. Add the lamb pieces and fry till they are brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
Into the same pan fry the onions, ginger and garlic paste. Add more oil if need be and cook till the onions are translucent. Tip in all the powders including the gram flour; cook till the oil start to separate. Add the tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Turn of the heat and add in the beaten yogurt and mix well. Return to the heat, add the meat, 1 1/4 cups of water, salt and mix well to combine. Pressure cook till done.
Uncover, if the gravy is still watery then continue to cook till thick. Garnish with mint and coriander.
Serve hot with any Indian flat bread, Flavored rice.