You need –
- Beef – 500 grams, cubes into bite size pieces
- Coconut meat – 1/2 cup finely sliced
- Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Shallots – finely sliced, 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves – Minced, 1 tablespoon
- Ginger – julienned, 1 tablespoon
- Green chili – 2 or as per taste, slit
- Corriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 twigs
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
How to –
In pressure cooker, put the meat, turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste and salt. Mix well and cook till done with 2 tablespoons of water. Once done, uncover and drain the meat from the stock reserving 1 tablespoon of the stock and set aside.
In skillet/kadai/wok, heat oil and add the sliced coconut pieces, ginger and garlic and fry till fragrant . Add the shallots, green chilies, curry leaves and continue to fry till the onions turn golden brown.
Add the Coriander powder, garam masala powder and saute for 2 minutes or till oil starts to separate. Now add 1 tablespoon of reserved stock and loosen up the spice mix (this helps the spices to coat the meat well). Add the meat and mix well to coat.
Add the black pepper powder and over medium heat cook for 10-12 mins or until the mixtures is very dry; stirring continuously.
Serve hot with Rice and curry.