You need –
- Yogurt (sour curd) – 3/4 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly- 1,slit
- Dried red chili – 1-2-
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1 cup or as required
- Salt to taste
How to –
In blender, blend the grated coconut, yogurt, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, green chili, to a fine paste.
Heat oil in pan. Tip the mustard, fenugreek seeds and allow to splatter. Add the dried chili, curry leaves and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Turn the heat to very low and add the yogurt-coconut mixture, water (as required), salt and heat through gently. Do not boil.
Turn off the heat and serve with rice.