We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary yesterday. 7 beautiful years that just flew by so quickly. Thanking god for this beautiful life he has given us.
Chocolate and coffee! two desired tastes of the man! Well I decided to combine both and make this delicious cake that I found here. I halved the recipe knowing I am going to be happy with just one slice as you know I am not a chocolate lover. So that entire cake is for hubby and the little one to finish. They are happy and they love it!
You need –
- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Light brown sugar – 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder – 2 teaspoons
- Semisweet chocolate chips – 85 grams
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg – 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Walnuts – 3/4 cup, roughly chopped
- Butter – 1 stick or 113 grams
- Eggs – 2 plus 2 tablespoons of one beaten egg
- Vanilla extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water – 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons, room temperature
How to –
Pre-heat the oven to 160C. Grease a 9 inch bundt pan. In bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg baking powder, salt and set aside.
In sauce pan melt chocolate chips, coffee powder and water over medium low heat stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar on a high speed till light and fluffy. To this add the melted chocolate mixture and beat till well combined. Add the eggs one at a time; beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and continue to beat.
Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture and beat well (Do not panic the batter will be runny but that how it needs to be). Fold the walnuts in.
Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Cool the loaf for 10 minutes in the pan and then on a wire rack.