Recipe source – here. I have modified the recipe a bit and a yummy treat it was indeed!
You need –
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- butterscotch morsels – 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar – 3/4 cup packed (I used light brown sugar)
- Single Cream – 2 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
- butter, melted – 3 tablespoons
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- eggs – 2
- semisweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
How to –
Preheat oven 180 C. Grease a 8 inch square pan. In bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir with a whisk until well combined.
In a microwavable bowl; put the butterscotch morsels and cream and microwave for 40-45 seconds or till the morsels are melted. Stir in between every 15 seconds. Mix well and set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar, melted butter, oil, vanilla essence till well combined. Add the eggs gradually and mix over high speed for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture and melted butterscotch mixture. Stir till just combined. Stir in the choco chips.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or till the toothpick comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Cut into squares are serve.