You need –
- Aubergine – 2, sliced
- All-purpose flour – 2 tablespoons
- Smoked paprika – 2 teaspoons
- Chaat masala – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt n pepper – to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
For the spicy coriander dip
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 cup loosely packed
- Garlic clove – 1 small
- Lemon juice – 3 teaspoons
- Green chili – 1, de-seed if you don’t want it too hot
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to –
Make the spicy dip first, place all the ingredients for the dip in a blender and blend by adding just enough water to make a smooth paste. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
In big bowl mix together the flour, paprika, chaat masala, salt and pepper. Add the sliced aubergine and toss well.
Deep fry the aubergine; Fill a wok or deep frying pan with enough oil. Once the oil is heated to 350 F deep fry the sliced aubergines is batches until crisp and golden. Remove and drain on paper towel.
Transfer the fried aubergines into a serving plate and serve immediately along with the dip.