You need – Continue reading
You Need –
- Fresh squid – 250 grams, cleaned and cut into rings
- Plain Flour – 30 grams
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – for deep frying
- Salt – as per taste
How to –
- In a bowl, combine the flour, chili powder and salt.
- Toss the calamari rings in the seasoned flour to combine well.
- Heat the oil a frying pan, Make sure the oil is hot. To test, drop a calamari ring in the oil and it should sizzle at once.
- Cook the rings in batches until golden brown. Drain on a kitchen towel and serve warm.
You need –
- Russets potatoes
- Peanut oil – for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Cut potatoes into ½ inch slices
- Put them in a bowl with cold water and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and dry thoroughly using a clean kitchen towel.
- In a deep pan gently heat the oil and fry the potatoes till cooked through and they turn light brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Increase the heat of the oil and cook the fries again in batches for 1 or 2 mins or until crispy and golden.
- Drain on a paper towel and into a large bowl. Season with salt and serve hot.