You need –
- Sausage – 250 grams ( cut into bite size pieces)
- Potato – 1 large (cut into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 large, finely sliced
- Ginger & garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Tomato – 1, chopped
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Dried chilies – 3-4, cut into half
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon or per taste
- Meat Masala – 1 teaspoon (I used eastern masala)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 twigs
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons or as required
- Water – ¼ cup
How to –
Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the mustard seeds and allow to crackle. Now tip the red chilies, curry leaves and sauté briefly. Add the chopped onion and cook till translucent. Add the ginger & garlic paste, cook till the raw smell is gone. Now add the coriander powder, Chili powder, Meat Masala, Turmeric powder and ½ teaspoon pepper powder. Sauté till the oil starts to separate.
Add the tomatoes and cook till the mushy. Season with salt. Add the sausages and potato and stir. Add the water, half of the curry leaves. Cover and cook till almost done.
Uncover , add the remaining pepper powder, garam masala, curry leaves and little oil and continue to cook over medium-low heat for about 10-12 mins or until the mixtures is very dry; stirring continuously. Serve hot with Rice and curry.